WMT CNC Industrial Co., Ltd | All Rights Reserved.
A plate rolling machine is a machine that will roll different kinds of metal sheet into a round or conical shape. It can be also called a “roll bending machine”, “plate bending machine” or “rolling machine”.
The upper roller of the symmetrical plate rolling machine does vertical movement at the center of two lower rollers via the hydraulic oil in the cylinder acting on the piston. Through the final reduction gear of the main reducer to drive two lower roller gearing and make the rotary motion, to provide torque for the rolling plate.
The flattened plastic sheet of metal is passed between the three work rolls (two lower rollers and one upper roll) of the rolling machine, and by means of the upper roller’s press and lower roller’s rotary to realize
continuous bending (inner layer compression deformation, the middle remains the same, the outer stretch deformation), which resulting in permanent plastic deformation. The metal sheet is rolled into the required cylinder, cone, etc.
The disadvantage of the hydraulic three-roller bending machine is that the pre-bending of the end of the plate needs the help of other equipment.
The plate rolling machine is suitable for large roll bending machines with a thickness of 50mm or more. The bottom part of the lower roller is added with a row of fixed rollers to shorten the span of the two rollers, thus improving the precision of the workpiece and the overall performance of the machine.
Because of the different fields of use, the types of bending machines are also different. From the number of rollers, it is divided into three-roller and four-roller. Among them, the three-roller bending machine is divided into a symmetrical three-roller bending machine, a horizontal downward-adjusting three-roller bending machine, an arc-downward-adjusting plate bending machine, an upper roller universal three-roller bending machine and a hydraulic CNC bending machine. In terms of the development of plate bending machines, the upper roll universal type is the most backward, the horizontal down adjustment type is slightly advanced, and the arc down adjustment type is the most advanced. Three-roller plate bending machine has a mechanical and hydraulic type, among which mechanical three-roller plate bending machine is divided into symmetrical and asymmetrical.
Performance characteristics of the three-roller mechanical symmetrical roll bending machine: The structure of the machine is three-roller symmetrical. The upper roller moves vertically at the center symmetrical position of the two lower rollers. It is obtained through the transmission of the screw and screw nut and the two lower rollers rotate. Movement, the output gear of the reducer meshes with the lower roller gear to provide torque for the rolled sheet. The disadvantage of this machine is that the end of the plate needs to be pre-bent with other equipment.
The main features of the three-roller mechanical asymmetrical plate bending machine: the structure of the machine is a three-roller asymmetrical type, the upper roller is the main drive, and the lower roller moves vertically to clamp the plate and mesh with the upper roller gear through the lower roller gear, At the same time as the main drive; the side rolls are tilted and lifted, with dual functions of pre-bending and rounding. Compact structure, convenient operation, and maintenance.
The main features of the three-roller hydraulic symmetrical plate bending machine: the upper roller can be vertically raised and lowered, and the vertical lifting hydraulic transmission is obtained by the hydraulic oil in the hydraulic cylinder acting on the piston rod; the lower roller is driven by rotation, and the output gear meshes through the reducer. To provide torque for the coil, there is an idler under the lower roller, which can be adjusted. The upper roller is in the shape of a drum, which improves the straightness of the product and is suitable for ultra-long tanks with various cross-sectional shapes.
The adjustable symmetrical three-roller plate rolling machine can roll metal sheets into circular, arc, and conical workpieces within a certain range. The two lower rollers of this model are the driving rollers and the upper roller is the driven roller. It is widely used in shipbuilding, boiler, aviation, hydropower, chemical, metal structure, and machinery manufacturing industries. It is suitable for bending and deformation of metal plates. It can roll around, arc, and tapered workpieces within a certain range, and has the function of pre-bending the end of the plate. The two lower rollers of this model are active rollers that can move horizontally. The roller is a driven roller that can move up and down. There are mechanical and hydraulic types of movement. The driveshafts are all connected by universal couplings.
Generally, the operating efficiency and failure rate of mechanical equipment have a very close relationship with operators. As operators of dangerous equipment, they should learn more about relevant knowledge in order to effectively avoid accidents caused by operator errors. Let us understand the safety requirements of the operation details of the rolling machine:
1. First of all, the operator should clean up the surroundings of the work environment before operating to maintain a good operating environment.
2. At the same time, the operator’s clothes must be neat and tidy to avoid getting the corners of the clothes into the roll during the operation.
3. In the process of work, it must be noted that the operator can only stand on both sides of the workpiece, this is the safest and reasonable position.
4. A certain margin should be left at the end of the processed parts.
5. If you want to adjust the roundness of the measurement size during the operation. You must stop the operation and prohibit the operation during the operation.
6. During the process of measuring the roundness of dimensions, it is forbidden for the operator to stand on the rolled cylinder. And it is forbidden to stand on the workpiece to be processed.
7. For some difficult workpieces: such as thicker or larger diameter workpieces with higher raw material hardness or strength, etc., a small amount of work should be carried out, and the work can be achieved after many times.
8. For some workpieces with smaller diameters, they should be rolled in the middle of the roll for operation.
1. The roll bending machine must be managed by a dedicated person.
2. The operator must be familiar with the structure, performance, and use of the rolling machine. And can only operate after the approval of the responsible manager.
3. Check carefully whether the safety device is in good condition before starting up.
4. During operation, it is strictly prohibited to put hands and feet on the rollers, transmission parts, and workpieces.
5. After work is interrupted, the clutch should be turned to neutral.
6. Multi-person collaborative work must be directed by a special person.
7. Overwork is strictly prohibited.
8. The tilting reset of the lifting and turning to bear of the upper roller and the balance of the upper roller must be carried out after the main drive is stopped.
9. It is forbidden to pile up workpieces and debris in the workplace so that the machine tool and the site are kept clean at all times.
10. After the operation is completed, the power supply should be cut off and the power supply box should be locked.
11. Clean up the coiling machine components, especially the connection place.
12. When assembling the plate rolling machine, follow the principle of from inside to outside, first down then up.
13. In assembly, prioritize the centralized processing of assembly work using the same tooling or the same orientation.
14. During the assembly process, the assembly must be carried out in strict accordance with the design drawings. And the dimensions and specifications must be strictly checked.